Delaware Child Development is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Chef to bring expert guidance, coaching, and food service knowledge to our Child Nutrition programs. As a Senior Chef you will work with center staff and cooks to provide quality nutrition & nutritional programs to all children in our centers and contracted Family Child Care Homes. The Senior Chef manages a clean, productive, and efficient food program for children enrolled in our centers and family child care homes incorporating a variety of foods, new experiences, and education which meet the needs of the organization as well as those of individual children and their families.
This position reports to the Nutrition Coordinator and works within the child development centers and family child care homes. This position will require a lot of innovation and works within a team environment to ensure that production standards and requirements are met.
- Higher Education in Nutrition, Culinary Arts, or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Chef/ Food Service Management role
- Food Safe, ServSafe, or equivalent Food Handling Certification
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required.
- Flexible in your approach and able to work independently, detail oriented, passionate about nutrition, and comfortable working closely with others.
To apply, visit our website: www.delawarechild.org/careers or send your resume, cover letter expressing your interest and why you will make a good addition to our organization, and three work related references to email@example.com