Digital Media Specialist
|Company Name||Tri County Technology Center (view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 13, 2018|
Marketing / Advertising
|Do you want to turn off the Apply Now button?||Off|
TITLE: Digital Media Specialist
The Digital Media Specialist primary responsibility is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and brand awareness, website traffic, and local controllable revenue by strategically utilizing all aspects of social media/digital marketing. The Digital Multimedia Specialist should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels.
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff and Director of Marketing
Developing and maintaining all district social media sites.
- Soft selling products by providing support and relevant content to current and prospective customers.
- Being a TCT brand advocate by adhering to TCT’s brand guideline, tone, voice, and values on social media.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (including original content and curated content, text, images, photography, links, or video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages audiences to take action.
- Assist in the development of a social media calendar in coordination with the overall marketing calendar.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a lead generation process including free content, white papers, contests, and subscriptions,
- Assist in digital marketing placement and social media advertising.
- Build relationships with TCT instructors and other workgroups to stay abreast of program curriculum, customer and student testimonials, and campus events.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Support new and expanding digital opportunities while interpreting laws, regulations, statutes, rules and policies affecting web delivery – including analytics and search-engine optimization.
- Grasp target markets, demographics, and segmentation to ensure relevant marketing messages are delivered to the appropriate audience.
- Maintain professionalism and participation in professional organizations, as well as, community and committee involvement as deemed appropriate for communication efforts.
- Assist with the maintenance of the outdoor marquis.
- Assist with events which may require an occasional flexible work schedule.
- Support tours and other events to promote opportunities for prospective students.
Other Job-Related Duties as Assigned by Supervisor
- The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve Months; salary to be established by the Board of Education.
40,000- 45,000 annually
Performance evaluated by Chief of Staff and Director of Marketing in accordance with Board policy.
NIMS Designation: General, 100 & 700
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or Graphic Design. Will consider CareerTech Certification, Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years experience in digital or multimedia, design, marketing or communication-related field preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and manage competing deadlines.
- Experience with market research.
- Media and photography experience preferred.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator or other Graphic Design software preferred.
- Working knowledge of best practices for social media, digital marketing and web content including; Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Experience in Google Analytics, SEO’s, Digital Advertising, content creation, lead generation, working with a sales funnel and blog posts.