Instructional Aide for Auto Service Technology Program
|Company Name||Tri County Technology Center (view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 5, 2018|
|Do you want to turn off the Apply Now button?||Off|
|Salary||$13.00-$15.00 per hour|
Automotive Service Technology Students will be trained in engine repair, electrical, engine performance, air conditioning, brakes, steering, and suspension systems. Basic instruction focuses on the A.S.E. Task List which is designed to meet national accreditation requirements. Auto Service Technology offers hands-on experience, including live-work projects and using specialized tools. The primary role of the instructional aide is to assist the Auto Service teacher in all facets of daily classroom management, providing daily hands on support in the Auto Mechanics Shop, and completing administrative tasks assigned by the instructor or administration. Candidates who possess demonstrated experience in the aforementioned areas will garnish key consideration.
Support Instruction in Auto Mechanics Shop
- Provide hands on support to student learning experiences in classroom and lab (Auto Mechanics Shop).
- Create an effective environment for learning, ensuring classroom cleanliness and organization, and effective supervision of student activities.
- Coordinate with instructor to establish student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Support instructor by assisting appropriate records and preparing reports relating to student progress, including grades and attendance as requested.
- Participate in faculty meetings and sponsorship of student activities.
- Provide administrative support to instructors such as filing, inventory management, delivering mail, classroom organization, etc.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten Month (August- May). Monday- Friday - 8-5
Performance evaluated by staff as directed by the Director of Instruction, in accordance with Board policy.
SALARY: $13.00-$15.00 per hour
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Technology Center Diploma preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years experience as an automotive mechanic/technician.
3. Ability to work with students and customers in a friendly and efficient manner.
4. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
5. Proficient computer skills.
REPORTS TO: Director of Instruction