Lead Teacher- OECP Classroom
|Company Name||Tri County Tech (view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 29, 2017|
|Salary||15.00-18.00 per hour|
Are you passionate about children and helping families? Change lives at Tri County Tech as an OECP Lead Teacher while working with children ages 0-3. A competitive salary, over three weeks paid holiday leave, great benefits, and a fantastic work environment are a few of the perks to working at Tri County Tech, awarded four times to Fortune's Great Place to Work list. Your career with purpose is at Tri County Tech!
1. Minimum 2 years previous experience working with young children in a group or educational setting.
2. Formal training in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or other related fields.
3. Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or related field, preferred.
4. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
The OECP classroom supports family style learning offering consistency and stability for mixed ages from 0-3 years.
A. Provide Supervision and Instruction for CDC Children
1. Provide high quality care in a safe, stimulating, and nurturing environment.
2. Assist with field trips and scheduled events.
3. Plan a developmentally appropriate curriculum and activities that meet national accreditation standards, DHS, Three Star CDA standards.
4. Complete lesson plans that are submitted two weeks in advance.
5. Comply with the education content mandates of the Head Start Performance Standards, program assessment, and work plans.
6. Administer Ages and Stages Questionnaires for initial developmental screening.
7. Utilize agency assessment software to track each child’s ongoing developmental skill level in the eight domains as required by the Head Start Performance Standards.
8. Utilize pre and post assessment tool(s) to track each child’s developmental growth and collaborate with local school district regarding outcomes.
B. Provide Services to Families
1. Attend all related family and school functions at the center.
2. Complete required daily/weekly communication forms each Friday.
3. Counsel with parents as necessary, regarding any concerns or positive communications.
4. Provide current information to families on child development and parenting issues.
5. Answer telephone inquires from parents concerning children.
6. Provides accurate documentation on medication, accidents and behavior.
7. Schedule and participate in minimum of one yearly Parent Conference for each student.
8. Submit weekly website information to Director each Friday.
C. Assist with Early Care Program Lab Experiences
1. Work with the Early Care Instructor to provide feedback on the progress of early care students and in grading the lab sheets.
2. Serve as a mentor to Early Care students providing guidelines and proper procedures.
D. Other job related duties as assigned by Supervisor.The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Temp to Full-Time.
Twelve months; salary to be established by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance evaluated by Child Development Center Director in accordance with Board policy.
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
NIMS Designation: General (NIMS 100, & 700 courses)
Application Instructions: Complete application and submit resume on website: www.tricountytech.edu.
* This position is a temp to hire position. Eligible candidates will register with Express Employment Professionals. If hired, I understand that I will remain on Express payroll for up to one year from the date of hire before transitioning to full-time.