Bartlesville First United Methodist Church has an opening for a Part-Time Children's Ministry Assistant. The ideal candidate would have experience working with children and be organized and enthusiastic. Must pass a background check and have a clean driving record. Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Hours: 12 Hours Per Week as Defined By Senior Pastor & Director
The Children’s Ministry Assistant is vital to the church congregation, as this person relates directly with children and families in the church. The Children’s Ministry Assistant works with the Director of Children & Family Ministries to uphold and carry out the vision of Bartlesville First United Methodist Church and that of the children’s ministry program, which is to make disciples of children from the earliest days by being a living example of Jesus Christ.
- Teach Sunday school rotations, worship segments, and midweek classes as needed, using curriculum provided.
- In collaboration with the Director, prepare lessons (with provided curriculum) for all weekly and annual programming, special events, and camps. This includes gathering needed materials, making copies of printables, identifying needs for shopping lists, and other duties not listed.
- Drive bus routes when needed.
- Prepare rooms and spaces as needed for children’s ministry programming and events; clean rooms and spaces as needed with assistance of children and volunteers when available.
- Work with the Lead Nursery Attendant to ensure proper coverage of the nursery, with the ability to be flexible and help out when needed.
- In the absence of the Director, be prepared and able to step in and lead programming, settle employee issues, and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Post events, polls, classes, and information to social media as needed.
- Work with parents, volunteers, employees and other stakeholders to continue positive relationships and increase volunteerism.
- Serve as a positive example (kind, forgiving, loving, and full of grace).
- Continue to increase understanding by attending worship services and/or United Methodist studies.
- Assist during summer camps, break camps, special events, and other programming with a high attendance record.
- Study and adhere to all Safe Sanctuaries policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/education
- Ability to interact fully with children fully, giving them full attention, and be at their level
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in the use of Social Media
- Willingness to be trained in, abide by and enforce all policies dealing with Child Protection including maintaining confidentiality of all personnel, volunteer and student matters
- Wiliness to travel on nights and weekends, including driving the church van
- Current CPR/First Aid certification (the church can provide this if necessary)
- Ability to pass a background check with references
- Clean driving record